Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Gardens


First, I was bugging hubby to make me a composter. So he did, then we had more leftover fence boards from my friend so I asked him to make some raised vegetable boxes. And he has. Everyday I come home and there are a couple more that he has made. Isn't he the greatest! Some are a little deeper because I want to plant potatoes in them. Last year we planted potatoes in what turned out to be our swamp. They grew and bloomed and even produced potatoes. When I dug them up they looked great but when I touched the potatoes they were mush. Rotten, mushy potatoes. Yuck. So we will try raised beds. I am planting peas, beans, cucumbers, carrots, beets, radish, zucchini, pumpkins and anything else I can think of. Can't wait. We have a small strawberry patch in the middle of the garden so I think we will leave it where it is. It produced last year even though it was so wet. Also, I think the strawberries kept the rabbits away from the peas and other veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment