Monday, July 12, 2010

show and shine

Yesterday the weather was perfect. Nice breeze, a few soft clouds, a lot of sun, and NO MOSQUITOES. Hubby and I got up and had our morning coffee break (or tea break for him) on the deck. Then we left for Carman. Why would we go to Carman when we were there last weekend. Well, the car club he belongs to was having a show and shine. We got there early but people were already arriving and registering. They showed us where to park and we got all set up with our lawn chairs and me with my book because all you do for the whole day is sit and people walk around looking at your car.



Here's where the shine comes in...first you shine your already immaculate car with "special" cleaning stuff. Believe me this is a treat just to watch. The owners all have special things they do and don"t do to get their cars sparkling clean. Use this, don't use this, tons of advice.

Then we walked around looking at all the other beauties. My heart just about jumped out of my body when I saw this pink beauty. When I turned 16 my dad bought me this car, only it was a beautiful red with a white roof. The interior was white and it was the most beautiful car I had ever seen. Oh, how I wish I could buy it and call it my own again. If that old car of mine could talk...but never mind, that isn't what this story is about.






There were 180 cars and trucks here yesterday. Beautiful old beauties. Those were amazing vehicles. And the guys and gals love these cars....you can tell by the condition and the love that goes into restoring them and keeping them in mint condition.
All in all it was a great day even though at the beginning of the day I thought I would be bored. You meet a lot of nice people and hope that at the next show you will meet again.

1 comment:

  1. I like the red car. I think he should spray paint his car a bright yellow to match yours. Ha! Ha!

    ReplyDelete